Thursday, September 14, 2006

Away to SF...Day 1 in Sunnyvale!


Is there life in the plane?.... Well... you create life.... and i chose to talk to the girl next to me.....and fortunately, she agreed to take a photo with me...:)







The flight was kinda uncomfortable... cant lie down to sleep...but it was still better than expected...especially the food!...Seems like all the talk abt SQ's food being lousy is a myth. I particularly enjoyed the Vernetta ice-cream that comes after dinner...:)









On the whole, the flight was alright, juz didn't manage to sleep much. Fortunately, i headed my Dad's advice to wear something warm...else i would be freezing. The air conditioning in SQ planes are really damn cold!

Touched down at SFO at 1240hrs sharp on the Sept 11th, 2006. Surprisingly, there doesn seem to be much of a step up in security. I got out pretty fast, and by 1310hrs, i was out of the checkpoint. Fortunately, my sis has pre-arranged for one of her good friends, Sam, to pick me up from the airport. Without him, i would be pretty lost! Thank God!

Not everything went to plan, and i ended up spending a night in a 'hotel' called "motel6".... sounds terrible. But its really very clean. Only complaint: Old and Grumpy Receptionist!


But the day ended well with a nice dinner with Sam & Family, and Weilin(another of Sis's friends).

No comments: