Saturday, January 13, 2007

Singapore Style Carrot Cake...

Its getting cold here in Sunnyvale... and it juz hit zero degrees yesterday and probably the day before as well. Anyway, this low temperature is making me hungry all the time.

All my 25 yrs in Singapore, i never had any craving for Singapore Style Carrot cake. Maybe due to the cold weather, im finally having this craving!!....And its not so easily available anymore!!!..ARGGHHHH....

Thankfully, i found out that they sell slabs of "radish cakes" here. I found out that our Singapore carrot cakes are actually made from radish cakes(or white carrot), and has nothing to do with the usual orangy carrots at all.(Thank you google!!)

And so, the craving finally got into my head, and i decided on another experiment. Here is the outcome....


haha... looks-wise... its ok lah...but i think the health conscious me used too little oil...made it a little clumpy. Taste wise, i think it can be further improved with a little bit of fish sauce and some chye poh(which i did not have at hand).... but it really kinda settled my craving for the day....:)...

With this kind of weather, i think my next craving will be Tom Yam soup or something really really spicy....haha...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

this crrot cake looks good!!! im serious.. hehe..

pr