Sunday, January 07, 2007

Bauer Biax Hockey Skates


Some NUS interns were moving house due to the lack of occupants to share, and they were also sick of a cockroach infested apartment....haha....

Coincidently, no other interns skate, so Jessie passed this pair to me...else she will have to pay someone to clear the apartment!....So for the past week, she was desperately giving out free stuff to everyone she met.

Tested the pair today, and skated around Sunnyvale. Fitted me perfectly....and it boasts of the Bauer 'Tuik' metal frames. I'm still a skeptic of Bauer hockey inlines...afterall, their core business is in ice hockey skates. Here is how i will rate this pair.

Robustness : 9/10
Fit : 7/10
Control : 8.5/10
Speed : 5/10
Comfort : 2/10

I dun really like it. Frankly, i won't even think of paying 50 bucks for it. But its free...so i will use it for this year or so. Its definitely robust and HARD just like any hockey skates.... but comfort is terribly compromised. Fit is average...can't expect too much as it is a fully laced pair without any plastic straps for additional security and fit. Control is good....probably due to the short frame.....but speed....oh gawd!....I feel like im jogging. Probably im juz sooooo pampered with my Salomon FSKs in Singapore!!!

Finally, the skating experience here is really different. After 45mins of skating....no sweat at all. My guards smell no worse than the air around me. Thinking of which, my skating pals back in NUS will love to do urban skating here, where the limit is not the amount of land, but the amount of stamina and strength you have!

No comments: