Friday, December 15, 2006

The Inconvenience of Convenience...

Sent my car for slight servicing today. Had trouble starting my car juz the day before....heard some funny clicking sounds before the engine really started....and they got me reeeaaalll worried.

Call me paranoid, but i juz experienced the fear of having to walk home after my car battery went dead last week.... thank god i was at the office, and some kind colleagues helped me to jumpstart my car.

Well, thankfully juz had to replace my car battery.... which set me back at about $80. The filipino mechanic also informed me about the nuts the bolts of what i have to watch out for... which oil to top up....which fluid to top up.... he was so kind, really. Great service! He even found that my engine oil was running really low, and he topped it up...FOC ok!

$80 is juz the beginning. I juz realized i need to buy lots of stuff, like engine filters, engine oil, coolant,..and he told me to check my fluids and oils every week or 2.... sigh... the price of convenience.

1 comment:

Mrs Hanashima said...

If those bolts and nuts already cost $80......I wonder how much those beng bengs are spending to modify their cars. You can't believe the number of cars in Singapore now, with those tinted windows, huge exhaust pipes, spoilers and decals.

I want my own 18 wheeler truck!