Saturday, April 14, 2007

Day 9-SF Meeting with Parents!!

My parents joined a tour group for their umpteenth honey moon....extending their stay in SF for a day. Despite my short 2 days with them, it was sufficient enough to make me feel excited about their visit.

Ping and i joined them at their hotel after our dinner with Simon & Grace....which ended our day exhausted in their hotel after getting lost in SF(AGAIN!)

The next morning started off with a good chinese breakfast of century egg porridge and chinese snacks followed by cruise around the SF bay area.



Actually, i was hesitating of putting up this photo of my mum and i in my blog. As i observed this pic, i realized that she seems to be looking younger than me. Because she looks young, and looks so much like myself, she is beginning to look more like my sister than my dear mum....makes me feel that im suffering from pre-mature aging....:(


Pier39 is another pretty place we visited. Nothing very much really, except for cheap souvenirs, expensive restaurants and pretty pictures. Check out my mum's new Liz Clairborne bag she got from one of the outlet stores in Vegas. Only USD$30++ i think... good deal!























We stopped by fisherman's wharf for our crab lunch. SF is well-known for their steamed/boiled Dungeness Crabs. Again, i think its nothing fantastic....its just another crab species with short legs and fat pincers. Pincers which are not exactly very fat and meaty, short legs just like any of their asian cousins in Clementi market and IMM Giant....not impressive at all. Maybe im just missing our delicious Singapore chilli and black pepper crab....ummm hmmm....simply delactable!!
Lombard street was next....as usual. But it was the 1st time i drove down that narrow, winding, super steep road though. Halfway through, i was fearing my brakes would give way....heh...

Finally... one of the rare photos of father & son solo....

Fortunately the sun sets later in spring, and we managed enough time to rush down to twin peaks to catch the setting sun over SF city....well.... its not that far... but i had to make a couple of detours here and there....my poor mum & dad, i hope they did not feel nauseous!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey hey, glad to know that u had so much fun.
Ya, your mum really look very young.. she looks more like your sis than your mum..